re: visual Literacy info (also try google search, it usually pops up the archived messages quickly)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 16:19:22 PST

Hi All,

I put in the words artsednet and visual literacy in to the Google search engine and popped a whole bunch of sites.
Hope this helps :)
Here's just a few:

"Welcome to the Internet School Library Media Center visual literacy and picture books page. You will find information on visual literacy and picture books which are a strong element in developing visual literacy with children. The ISLMC is a meta-site for teachers, librarians, parents and children."
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/picture.htm

Interesting site on Visual Literacy, with video, one descriptor said "while this site may not be appropriate for students, it can provide art teachers with a wealth of information."
http://www.pomona.edu/Academics/courserelated/classprojects/Visual-lit/intro/intro.html

Link about the book
Technology for Literacy Teaching and Learning by
William J. Valmont, University of Arizona
http://college.hmco.com/education/valmont/technology/1e/students/index.html

"This Webliography consists of web sites that, because of length considerations, could not appear in Technology for Literacy Teaching and Learning. You may wish to explore these sites for possible use in your own professional development and teaching."

http://college.hmco.com/education/valmont/technology/1e/students/bonus/ch08.html

---