Re: Thank you, Maggie W!

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 15:49:36 PST

    Our country has so many state education departments and universities
with teacher education programs, and publishers, all conducting their
competitive turf wars. Usually education students hear only one philosophy
of teaching, that championed by their professors. All teachers should be
encouraged and equipped to think and learn skills outside a narrow box. Good
choices for our students come out of the teacher's extensive knowledge of
the many approaches to learning.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
           Trained in Lowenfeld, DBAE and the School of Life
      Art teacher, K-5, retired after 35 years in public education

> is the way American education seems to operate: the pendulum swings from
> one extreme to the other. We jump on every new bandwagon without a
> thorough understanding of how it works, and/or we take it out of
> context; then, when it doesn't perform miracles, we adopt something
> else.
>
> Maggie

---