Batik advice needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 13:43:58 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Jane from Brooklyn needs your help with batik for adults...My batik link on
my site is no longer active (I just checked it). Please posts sites -
advice -- tips for Jane to the list and I will forward them (or you can send
directly to Jane mailto:ejb35@columbia.edu )

From Jane:

"....On another matter, I want to do batik with some adults
this summer. Any advice? I haven't done batik for 20 years. Maybe
there are new products, better, safer dyes? Also, I used muslin but
I think the adults might like something nicer. Silk? Thanks"

Thanks in advance - you all really came through for Gloria on Origami
Kimonos...let's see what you have for Jane.

Judy Decker

---