Andy Warhol Fans - New York Times news

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 10:02:30 PST

Dear Art Educators,

It has been so long since a New York Times headline interested me that I
forgot my pass word. I got the instructions how to make a new one yesterday
so I could read the Vincent Van Gogh article (see info below). The Andy
Warhol one looks like a good one for your class for a discussion on
Aesthetes Issues: Valuing Art. I know a lot of you do Pop Art - so this
article may be a good one to save. I liked bringing in current news with my
lessons. The Chris Ofili (sp?) controversy a few years ago brought an
interesting twist to my Renaissance lesson (Virgin Mary with Elephant
dung) -and a lively discussion developed on what is art --and letter writing
to keep the piece on display (we never sent in our letters - just wrote
them).

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todaysheadlines/
Accusations of Theft Envelop Warhol Work
By RALPH BLUMENTHAL
An international intrigue involving an Andy Warhol masterpiece has embroiled
the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and one of its more colorful trustees.

If you are interested in yesterday's -- ask off list I hope I can still
retrieve it (I got so busy yesterday that I didn't bother to log on then)

Two Dutch Museums Offer Fresh Angles on van Gogh
By ALAN RIDING
Two Amsterdam museums are hoping to boost van Gogh tourism with celebrations
surrounding the 150th anniversary of the artist's birth on March 30.

If these articles prove to be a bust - please accept my apology -- I will be
reading them sometime today.

Judy Decker

---