Pet Peeve Rant

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 07:56:40 PST

Not meaning to incur the rath of anyone's pets but once again my annual pet peeve against those individuals who created and bought into the concept of "Whole Language" has reared its ugly head. What is wrong with learning to spell words in a correct manner? Give me and other teachers a break.

Yes , it was time to correct my students' artists reports. I can almost accept an 8th grader's miss conception of the "Franco Depression War" taking place during an artist's lifetime but someone "keeling over from a hart attack" doesn't quite make it with me.

Dennis

Dennis Golombek
Lowry Middle School
North Tonawanda, NY
http://www.dgolombek.net

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. ---