Re: giclee prints

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 05:14:50 PST

>I could also take my art
>to Kinkos for the color copies or print onto watercolor stock using my
>home ink jet printer. But, then any print is just a good photographic
>reproduction. I'm old fashioned and prefer to buy the original art.
>Woody in KC

the one thing though, (read it in some literature at school, somewhere now
buried in my "get to one day" pile) most inks have very limited archival
properties. My Epson printer at school produces a high quality near
photo-like print, but from what I've read, and have seen of some prints...is
no more than about two years without fading. Some printers far worse, very
few better. Supposedly the giclees will last up to about 50 years tops. A
good reason to buy originals!

Larry Seiler
My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---