If you were starting an Elementary art program from scratch... where would you begin ?

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 03:33:47 PST

Hi All,
 New discussion item, imagine you are going into a school to teach elementary art.
You can write your own curriculum, but here's the rub.
 You have grades 1-5. In your first year what do you cover ??
 Do you try to catch up all grades and do the basics ??
How do you start Art History ?
What cultures do you feel are a must to include ??

Every art teacher has their own take on this...
I'm feeling a need to revamp, reorganize and regroup.

Let the discussion begin !
Thanks for being here, all those who discuss and contribute, and lurk :)
Christine Besack :)

ps... anyone doing Crizmac tour this Summer, I'm debating the Arizona one :)

---