Middle Ages Bestiary and ceramics lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 12:07:39 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I got another plan updated that is good for grades 4 thru 6 (might even get
7th and 8th to do the mugs).

Crayon Etchings - Medieval Bestiary:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6beast.htm

Gargoyle Ceramic Mugs (sorry - no images available):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6-mug.htm
I did the mugs as a follow-up to a drawing lesson. I have different lessons
I have done with the beasties.

My lessons are all linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/artlessons.htm

I found some additional images for African Ceramics while I was going thru
floppies:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/af-ceramics.htm (just
added three more)

Have this great Dogon Equestrian figure now linked from my African Art
Lesson plan
and from the African Ceramics page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/images/dogoneques2.jpg
Might serve as motivation for a high school ceramic project (I had a sixth
grader made a horse bottle with the rider as a stopper - for the effigy
lesson).

---