Re: giclee prints

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:08:20 PST

Larry, it is a soft "g".

And I disagree about the "fine art print" part. It is a reproduction like any
other, unless the artist produces the work itself on the computer. They are,
most often, a scanned or photographed painting reproduced in bulk. To me,
"fine art print" is an etching or woodcut, etc., a process that naturally
produces multiples. Some states have legal definitions for that, some don't.

The quality of a giclee reproduction can indeed be very high, but not always.

---