Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: giclee prints


From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 08:54:59 PST

Thanks, Larry, you came through, as always.(and you really should be an art
teacher!) I thought it had something to do with computerized printing, but I
wasn't sure. Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence A. Parker []
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:54 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: RE: giclee prints

"A Giclee is a "fine art print" produced on a high quality digital
printer. The word Giclee is a French word and means "sprayed, jetted, or

No, I haven't turned into an art teacher; I was just curious what could
have such a strange name; leave it to the French!

The definition is from:


Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

Delivered by GCSnet (b30)