RE: Anyone have an easy Origami Kimono lesson?

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 05:45:16 PST

Went to find the pattern I used several years ago - it is the same one -
I would have done it with a k/1 class - and I remember it was a challenge -
not because of the pattern, but because it was origami...and clean folds are
a challenge for many ages -

but they turned out fine -

I went to the dollar store and bought gift wrap (not on a roll) and cut
squares with a rotary cutter... lots of paper to practice with -

Practice folding first - lining up edges - holding secure and starting from
the center and working the fold to each edge...

I usually do it on the overhead with wax paper first...

see if any of the math teacher have 'patty paper' - really good for folds
and cheap for practicing -

Ellen

---