Re: Fashion-challenged Maggie needs advice!

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 05:41:13 PST

Dress up Maggie. Most likely you will be introduced to an administrator who
does dress professionally everyday. (S)he will probably be older and more
conservative than you and may even have a certain wariness about
"free-spirited" artists. (S)he will make a first impression that may be
based on thirty years of professional conservatism. I'd say to be cautious
about showing off multiple piercings(I don't know how young and pierced you
are), and to dress smartly but not be dowdy. A little personality with
color, a funky jacket, or jewelry is OK but administrators do not get to be
where they are by being mavericks. They are often very geeky. If you are
dressed in "interview wear," you will come off as someone to remember.
Christa

---