Re: What about ART fees?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 04:32:57 PST

> Meanwhile the teachers researched and discovered that going
> to a 4 day week, while only adding 15 minutes to our current school day,
> would save us basically 1/5 of our transportation, food service, and
> custodial costs while not affecting test scores
> ~*~Michal~*~
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

one of the districts in our conference is close to closing and kids having
to travel extra distance to another. They went to a four day plan, but only
during the expensive winter heating season. Cuts out buses for the day,
heating the buildings ('cept the gym on game nights), lights, custodial,
lunch program...you name it. Personally, as much time as I spend at the
school...that would be a cinch for me, and having potentially one extra day
to recoup wouldn't be such an unwelcome proposition. I hope we go to it.

I heard that while some would say it gives kids one more day to spend at
home on homework, in reality it gives employers another day to expect that
kids can work. In the northwoods, it would mean another day to play, ride
snowmobiles, etc;

Larry
My website, featuring both my artistic and musical personalities-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---