Re: Fashion-challenged Maggie needs advice!

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 04:06:21 PST

Hi Maggie and All,
     I am definitely of the mindset that if you dress professionally, you
will be taken professionally.
Casual dress is not for an interview.
    Go to JC Penney get a solid color suit, in a neutral color. (pants or
skirt is your personal preference if you feel more comfortable in pants you
will present better than in a skirt that you never wear) That way you can
wear the jacket, pants, or skirt with other items later. JC Penney's used to
carry Aerosoles, but they now have their own line of comfort dress shoe,
that feel good but don't look like "orthopedic wear". Jazz up the blouse
with color or pattern, (I loved the grey suit anecdote someone else posted
!!! ) While you're traveling treat yourself to a nice lunch in your business
duds.
    I am a clothes hound , so my problem would be which of the umpteemillion
outfits to wear. :)
PS--- Don't rule out the second hand or consignment stores if there are any
in your area. (a sort of recycling !!!)

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)