Re: Fashion-challenged Maggie needs advice!

---------

TEACHINGTALES_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 16:44:05 PST

In a message dated 3/11/2003 6:55:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com writes:

> I HAVE
> NOTHING TO WEAR TO AN INTERVIEW! I do not own a dress or skirt that
> would do. I usually wear khakis/Dockers-type pants at school; do you
> think those would be okay?

Dear Maggie,

In my former professional life I was a Human Resource Supervisor and I was
responsible for setting up interviews, conducting, checking references, etc.
I will tell you that FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT! Research shows that people make
up their mind about you within the first two seconds of meeting you. The old
adage, "Clothes make the man/woman" is true during an interview.

No matter what you wear during the job, i.e. khakis/casual, make sure to
bring it up a notch during an interview. A skirt, nice blouse and blazer will
do if you don't want to go out and buy a matching jacket/skirt suit. I would
definitely nix the T-shirt and khaki idea, even with a blazer over it. My two
cents. Good luck!

blessings,
Karen Chace

---