Trends in Visual Arts Education

---------

From: dzinn (dzinn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 14:28:11 PST

Trends in Visual Arts Education

"My view is that if you don't understand art, then you are
much less likely to be able to think visually. In a
text-based world this may seem like no great handicap, but
the ability to communicate your ideas through pictures and
diagrams is at least as important as being able to express
yourself in text. But I digress. This article describes
current trends in visual arts education and is a
wide-ranging survey of developments in teaching art and art
criticism, including the impact of information and
communications technology on the field. It's mostly for
purists, but even barbarians such as myself can find links
of interest such as Bev. Branton's <a
href="http://vicu.utoronto.ca/staff/branton/litreview.html"
class="Troll">Visual Literacy Literature Review</a>. By
Graeme Daniel and Kevin Cox, Web Tools for Learning, March
11, 2003
<http://webtools.cityu.edu.hk/news/newslett/arttrends.htm>"

From
About OLDaily