Re: Fundraiser bust.

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 03:20:42 PST

In a message dated 03/10/2003 8:42:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org writes:

> I am crushed. The school fundraiser - a silent auction- was last weekend,
> and the item I helped the 2nd thru 5th create - a painted headboard- didn't
> sell. To compound matters, the gal who teachers art to the preK - 1st
> grade sold her bookcase for a huge amount. She's gloating and I feel like
> I don't fit.

Although it would have been nice for someone to donate $$ because the kids
made it, a headboard is a very personal item. Unless it just so happens to
fit into someones bedroom/ and or bedroom decor, someone might not know what
to do with it. The bookcase is probably more of an item that can fit into
more spaces (bedroom, office, den, classroom), so perhaps this was the
mentality of your bidders. With this in mind, I wouldn't take your item that
was not sold personally! I bet if you painted a chair(s) or a mirror it
would sell. Better yet- make hand painted picture frames next year-lots of
them- never can have too many!!!! (I bet you could recycle some with paint
and creativity.) Maybe a lot of smaller items such as frames might attract
many buyers and ultimately bring more $$$.
Susan on Long Island

---