peanut allergy-Kim Herbert

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 19:34:40 PST

This is really for Kim Herbert, but I'm not sure she's still on the list,
if anyone has contact with her, please let her know. I saw on the TV on
the NBC nightly news that there is an antibody treatment for people
allergic to peanuts so that they can live a normal life. They take a shot
every month and it allows a small quantity of peanut consumption to not be
life-threatening--it knocks out the IGE part of their immune system that
causes the problem. I don't think it's out for the general public, but it
was tested at the Jewish Hospital in NYC. She can probably contact NBC
for further info. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #