Re: Texture

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 19:14:14 PST

Myriam

What about repousse? I'm doing this now with my 7th graders. We started
out by listing words that describe textures, then cutting out small samples
of various textures from magazines which they then had to try drawing
(describing visually) with pencil. I gave them a sketchbook assignment of
drawing (actually tracing) their hand then filling each finger with a
different texture, as well as the palm, using a sharpie pen.

With this under their belts they were ready to start the repousse project .
. . some elected to do an abstract design, others are doing
representational work. It's a new medium for them and they are enthused
and excited to see (and feel) their texture designs develop.

Just a thought.
Cheryl

> I'm tired of my usual texture design: rubbings plus magazine pictures
>plus real textures in a collage. I give them a theme like landscape or
>emotions. But I would like to do something new this semester. My classes
>are smaller for once. Any high school "basic" suggestion out there?
>Thanks as usual, Myriam ---

---