Re: Fundraiser bust.

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 13:03:55 PST

Jan, This happened to me last year. What I finally figured out was, I
didn't market it to the parents who would bid. As a matter of fact, I
was clueless as to how this system REALLY worked, which was to let
parents outbid eac h other for their kids work. It was such a hectic
year, that I didn't send a letter telling parents that their kids even
worked on an extra project, as I would have kids who finished early work
on it. In the end, I couldn't remember who all worked on it! This
year I am having one 6th gr class design a work I will spell out in a
note to go home exactly how this works and how they will get a chance to
bid on their child''s class beautiful work! Silly me, I just thought
that everyone would want to bid on our chair last year, but actually,
the people who bid came
to bid came from the other school's parent pool to bid on that school's
work.
There were no parents from our school there.
Also, since it will be a functional work, I will let their teacher
know, who might also want the work.
Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. I am hoping it won't bomb again
this year, if it does, then just throw my theory out the window!!!!LOL
Betsy.

"Hillmer, Jan" wrote:

> I am crushed. The school fundraiser - a silent auction- was last
> weekend, and the item I helped the 2nd thru 5th create - a painted
> headboard- didn't sell. To c

---