Re: Fundraiser bust. My 2 cents

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 10:48:23 PST

In a message dated 3/10/03 11:12:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ROppecker@aol.com writes:

> I once donated a beautiful silver pin I made to a silent auction fundraiser
>
> for my son's preschool. The pin was hand formed, soldered and handfinished,
>
> valued at around three hundred and sixty dollars and a wonderful piece. My
> wife who is an industrial designer made up a little placard to explain the
> work that went into the pin and a little bit about my background; I am an
> artisan member of the Society of American Silversmiths
> <www.silversmithing.com>

 Sorry for the duplication. I just wanted to share my experiences with Art
auctions.
I am the Chair person for the Newark Arts Alliance Fine arts Auction. Any
work that is obtained from Artists comes with a minimum bid. If the piece
doesn't sell, the artist has the option of leaving it with the Art House to
sell. When it sells, The artist is paid 50% of the selling price. At no
time will a piece go for less than the minimum bid.
I know many of you want to donate to give back to your community, whether
it's your school, church or other organization. It feels good! Just make
sure your intentions are written down.
Thankyou.
Peace
Gabrielle
PS any willing artists out there care to contribute original work for the
NAA Fine arts auction??? Send me an e-mail!
Peace

---