Re: Michaelanglo-'fresco'

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 07:17:46 PST

I have done this 'fresco-like' project with 1sts and 2nds. Get a bunch of drywall scraps. Either buy a sheet and cut it up with a utility knife or ask for scraps from a construction crew. Buy a small tub of premixed joint compound, which some people mistakenly call 'spackle.' Use a 6 or 8 inch wide trowel to spread a thin layer of compound on each of the drywall pieces and set them aside to dry. They can be painted on with thin tempera or watercolor, and because the paint soaks in really fast, it resembles fresco, except that real fresco is done on set-but-still-wet plaster.
Have fun with this. Maybe I should do it again. Thanks for the nudge.
 Mark
 Ellen Silverman <mcguffsilver@comcast.net> wrote:AM
I mixed plaster of paris poured some in styrofoam desert size plates.
It was not very thick, so some broke, but it was easy to serve. The
kids took every miss step in this operations in stride, they just
wanted to experiement. I heard about the wallboard on the this list
serve, not to long ago, I think I will try that way next. What you
describe seem about the same as I remembered being said.

Ellen Silverman