Fundraiser bust.

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 05:46:43 PST

I am crushed. The school fundraiser - a silent auction- was last
weekend, and the item I helped the 2nd thru 5th create - a painted
headboard- didn't sell. To compound matters, the gal who teachers art
to the preK - 1st grade sold her bookcase for a huge amount. She's
gloating and I feel like I don't fit. So, suggestions for next year? I
guess I could figure out her 'formula'. This is a very well off
community, and it's kinda prestigious to have stuff sell.... It's a
lousy measure of my worth, but the other teacher thrives on this kinda
stuff, and I feel it. Last year and this year I tried to do something
new and different, and both times this happened. So, ideas for next
year ? SHould I continue to stick my head out on a limb and do
something different or.... do a project like everybody else?

Jan

---