Animals in Art Lesson - Henri Rousseau - Haitian Art

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 22:13:00 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I thought I would share a lesson that I have had great success with. Jungles
inspired by Haitian paintings.
I always tied this in with science - the study of biomes and animal
adaptations. The lesson plan has a student writing assignment at the bottom.
I did this with 6th graders -- but you could use the plan for other grades
(maybe 3rd thru 7th):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6haiti.htm

Here is the Internet lesson I used. Students were already well into the
project when they went to the Internet:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/haiti.htm

I just put this page about Henri Rousseau on tonight - I hope someone out
there can use it:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/rousseau.htm

Included is a link to a CD with music inspired by Rousseau's paintings --
and a link to the Dropping in on Rousseau video. My students enjoyed
listening to sounds of the rain forest while they worked (I had two
different CD's)

Judy Decker

---