Re: Help Help Help!!!

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 20:38:46 PST

You can also carve inorganic shapes out of styrofoam, sand them down,
pour plaster over them, sand them and mount to wood blocks (painted),
add miscellaneou materials to decorate or leave the plaster look. You
can use Henry Moore for influence. The sculptures look pretty cool!
You can also build figures using an armature of wire, newspaper and tape
and then apply the plaster to build up the figures, animals, etc. I
hope this helps!

Ricardo

>>> 4boys@attbi.com 03/09/03 10:03PM >>>

Quick and easy!!!!
We go to the beach as it is within walking distance. Students sticks
their hands into the moist sand.
Some make signs with their hands, some just spread their fingers, no
obscene jesters allowed. I then pour plaster into their sand molds.
Within 20 minutes the plaster is hardened and students gently lift up
thier castings. Always a favorite project. Could be adapted to the class
by filling shoe boxes with sand to make molds in the class.
Martha Dodge
---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---