Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

folded books

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 06:40:47 PST

Finally -
weeks ago I bought a magazine called Budget Living (just couldn't remember
to bring it to school) - in it there was a single page on 'wall art'
inspired by artist Mary Bennett (Santa Fe's Evo Gallery)...

Kind of like origami for book pages - think of the Christmas trees made out
of folded Reader's Digests or TV Guides - but with a twist -

Evo Gallery

Mary Bennett

I caught a load of old books from my library on the way to the dumpster -
but the librarian had a fit that I took them -can only use them if I hide
all reference to the school so that parents won't get upset that she is
throwing out books - may try some of these with the books - looks like fun -

I have seen, but not purchased, 'Ready Made' Magazine - but in this months
Five Corrugated Cardboard Projects
By Various Artists