Michaelangelo-Elementary

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 16:53:35 PST

I have done this with second grades as part of a timeline unit. For the
Renaissance we pretended to by Michaelangelo and did the murals under
the table, and I put down tape on the floor that look like train tracks,
the tape represented ladders that they had to climb to get to the
ceiling to paint. I had one person who forgot he was on the ceiling and
fell down, I patched him up, had the picture of the Pope say a few words
about safety in his chapel and sent him back up the ladders. This was a
very anties class, this was the first time the whole year that they
remained in one place for any length of time in one place. Except for
my one flying angel. We followed the paper mural up with painting on
plaster slab to get a little more feel for frescos. This was two years
ago this group is still talking about the timeline unit.

Ellen Silverman

---