Re: New Orleans!!!

---------

arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 15:30:56 PST

Gelatin, that's "Beignets" and Chicory Coffee at the Cafe du Monde. I just
love the Beignets! The Quarter is the place to really see the culture and
some history! I have to agree on much of what you said. The streetcar and
St. Charles Ave. (Loyola is on St. Charles) is priceless! Jazz music is
everywhere in the Quarter and all kinds of odd mementos are purchasable.
Antiques shops also abound the Quarter. Again, watch your purse, but the
atmosphere is priceless. "Pat O'Briens Bar" is the place to sit in the
courtyard and get a "Hurricane" mixed drink. Central Grocery (by the French
Market) makes a great Muffaletta sandwich, also. St. Louis Cathedral is
great to see, also. Catholic churches are everywhere in New Orleans, and
they used to be open at odd hours for people to light a candle and offer a
prayer. Today, violence may have shut the churches down at certain hours.
The architecture is phenomenal in the Garden District and you won't believe
the variation of styles from various periods in art history!

I have forgotten allot of hot spots, because I have lived here for 20 years,
but what I remember is great!

Idus in southern Mississippi