Egyptian art and Aborignal art - online lessons

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 14:59:20 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I just finished updating my Egyptian Art Internet Lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/egypt.htm

I did a crayon resist drawing project with this:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6egypt.htm
I have also done a scratch art on the gold scratch boards (I don't have that
plan online yet).

I also updated my Aboriginal Art Internet Lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/austral.htm

I made connections to scientific illustration with this unit. We did x-ray
style reduction relief prints:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6austral.htm
I had a microscope in the room (hooked up toTV) and we looked at fish
scales/fins etc under the microscope too.
One year, we made glue relief prints (showing x-ray view). Printed with gold
ink on black paper (and other dark colors) then colored in the negartive
spaces with pearl crayons when dry.

I hope someone out there is able to make use of these lessons with your
students. My students really liked days when we went to the computer lab. I
never expected them to answer all of the questions I asked -- I encouraged
them to go to sites that interested them and explore. They just had to
answer three questons to get a C or better. I had students giving very
thorough answers for three and receiving all 10 points...and I always had
those view who answered them all! (don't we teach for those moments).

BTW - The Renaissance Internet Lesson was updated a while back:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/renaiss.htm
Can't remember if I posted that one.....
We did art parody with that unit:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/parody.htm (not sure
about these links - haven't checked them)

Judy Decker

---