shoebox art

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 14:48:44 PST

while I was looking for the 'artist unknown' - and then searching for
Patrick D. - I came upon a piece included in the 7th Shoebox Exhibit at the
University of Hawaii Art Gallery

http://www.hawaii.edu/artgallery/8ISSE/prospectus.html

the above is the information/guidelines - which may be a nice lesson for a
class - especially since the guidelines/rubric is written - and there are
lots of nice examples of so many artists - index from the 7th annual
exhibit:

http://www.hawaii.edu/artgallery/7ISSE/7ISSE.html

maybe it caught my eye more because we have been doing some shoebox work in
class - and I have them around the room - also - the small scale thing....

I teach a class to 3 - 5th graders for the local visual arts association - I
am not allowed to use my classroom - makes too much sense - and have to use
the cafeteria (we must have had one of the only carpeted cafeterias - just
removed)... anyway - couldn't set up a still life - so each child had to
collect 3-7 items with different textures that could all fit into a shoebox
- then they could set up their own little still life at their table - worked
great and now have some 'still life' shoeboxes in my room for kids that
finish early -

Just thought I would share -

Ellen

---