tips for teaching forshortening?

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 13:39:17 PST

I've seen a procedure that has students lie down on
paper that alternates colors and helps show depth or
something, but I don't get it. They draw one picture
from the head end and another from the feet end. I
guess this just helps them discover what can be seen
from different angles? I'm not sure.

Can anyone explain what's supposed to go on with the
paper? Is it a perspective technique?

Does anyone have an other methods for teaching this
technique?

I'm actually more intersted in having them have a hand
or foot come out rather than having them lie down.

Thanks - I appreciate the wealth of experience found
on this list! Dawn