Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Neat sculpture idea for highschool (and African American Art)

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 13:09:45 PST

I just got a link request to add the Paul R Jones Collection to IAD (which I
will do). I wanted to pass on this really cool wire sculpture. Your high
school students could do something like this - tie it in with Alexander
Calder. Not too hard to do and easy on the budget.

(from Magnificent Seven:

Paul R Jones Collection - African American Art - Universtiy of Delaware:

I took a "tour" through the gallery and am posting the highlights.

David Driskell - (nice use of patterns)

Romare Bearden

Selma Burke (she designed the dime)