Neat sculpture idea for highschool (and African American Art)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 13:09:45 PST

I just got a link request to add the Paul R Jones Collection to IAD (which I
will do). I wanted to pass on this really cool wire sculpture. Your high
school students could do something like this - tie it in with Alexander
Calder. Not too hard to do and easy on the budget.
http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2003/miscengenation.jpg

(from Magnificent Seven:
http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2003/pjonesexhibit020503.html)

Paul R Jones Collection - African American Art - Universtiy of Delaware:
http://www.udel.edu/PaulRJonesCollection/pjc.html

I took a "tour" through the gallery and am posting the highlights.

David Driskell - (nice use of patterns)
http://www.udel.edu/PaulRJonesCollection/gallery/ppages/ppage1.html

Romare Bearden
http://www.udel.edu/PaulRJonesCollection/gallery/ppages/ppage3.html