Re: new art on our website

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 11:52:20 PST

Bunki, you never cease to amaze me. You are incredible! I am just now doing
the pantyhose sculptures (mainly cause I found it kind of a pain to scrounge
up the wood scraps - naturally AFTER I convinced hubby to cut them out for
me the building construction teacher informed me he throws away scraps like
that every day!) My students are having a blast and are talking about how
cool they are all over school. Amazing how panty hose and hangers can bring
out the best in kids! *L* And just when I thought things couldn't get better
you share this lesson! I do believe I will use the current lesson as a lead
in to the new and improved. KUDOS!
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> ANYWAY...We have a new page to share of pantyhose sculpture Picasso Faces
> which were done a couple of months ago. We did the basic pantyhose lesson
> BUT we made the shapes more flat (two-sided) to give a more obvious front
> and back to the "head". Features were made out of matboard. We looked at a
> lot of Picasso's painted portraits to give us a jumping off point.
>
> go to....
> http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/KramerMain.html
> Click on "Picasso Faces"

---