new art on our website

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 08:31:11 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
Finally got these art pieces up on our site. Most of you know I have control
ONLY over making the pages but NO control of "getting it up on the internet"
(and sometimes that person doesn't get it up right either...but I digress).

ANYWAY...We have a new page to share of pantyhose sculpture Picasso Faces
which were done a couple of months ago. We did the basic pantyhose lesson
BUT we made the shapes more flat (two-sided) to give a more obvious front
and back to the "head". Features were made out of matboard. We looked at a
lot of Picasso's painted portraits to give us a jumping off point.

go to....
Click on "Picasso Faces"

Kids found that even though the sculptures were slightly flexible, they
could still cut into them successfully with small nail scissors and punched
with large-eyed needles to make holes for yarn hair.

As they were working on their sculptures, I made a basic sculpture of my
own, painted it as a non-objective sculpture, cut out MOST of the insides,
made a loom out of it, and actually did a large weaving inside the sculpture
with yarn. Don't have a picture to share at the moment but I'll be showing
it at NAEA during our OODLES presentation. Possibilities are endless with
these sculptures. Toodles.....Bunki

---