Re: Art and computer room

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 06:45:39 PST

Another thought, especially if the computers aren't yet purchased is a
wireless lab. It's all the rage around here. Laptops on a cart is much more
convienent than art on a cart. Our district has 2 such carts, and we even
have 2 empty classrooms due to recent construction.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> > I'm currently lobbying for an art room at our elementary school. Space,
> > however, is very limited at our school (I'm sure everyone can relate)
and a
> > group of parents are also lobbying to fund a computer lab. They will
> > probably get the last available room for the lab. I am a proponent of
> > computers in the classroom, however I can't see it replacing the
experience
> > of making art. Any thoughts on how to combine these two in one room
without
> > damaging valuable equipment? It's a good size room in a portable with
> > windows, the natural light is o.k. We have class sizes of 20 (K-3) to
32
> > (4-6). I have brought up this subject before the PTA and they're
concerned
> > about the mess it would create and possible damage to equipment.

---