class sizes

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 06:16:24 PST

Hello. Sort of related to the discussion of class sizes dwindling -- I
cannot recall if the NAEA has published standards regarding recommended
size limits for studio classes. I remember years ago I attended a
workshop given by an art-ed consultant from Boston, and she said that
'at home' a class size of 15 was the limit for a 'quality experience'.
 Well it seems that if our classes are nearing 15, they are in danger of
being combined with other classes, or at the very best 'frowned upon.'
 I like to come armed with hardcopies of national back-up when I meet
with my principal after he gets the class selection numbers, sooooo any
leads on where I might find something useful? Thanks. J.

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/
---