Re: Art and computer room

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 22:02:50 PST

Jenna,
If you do mostly drawing and painting, having computers in an art room
should probably be ok. If you do clay or use other materials that produce
dust, I would be wary, as dust is a lethal enemy of computers. Having an
adjacent, sealed, well-filtered room makes much more sense. If you must have
computers in a dusty area, you can help minimize the amount of dust by:
covering the computers when not in use, keeping the computers off when not
in use, regularly cleaning the computer outsides, and cleaning the insides
with compressed air several times a year.
At least you don't have to deal with ants in your computers!
Melissa

--
                   |          Melissa Enderle         |
                 /)|       melissaenderle@planet.tn   |(\