Pre-Columbian Ceramics and Costume resource

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 21:45:15 PST

I have updated my page on Pre-Columbina Ceramics:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/effigy.htm

and Moche Ceramics:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/moche.htm

I hope you are able to use these pages with your students. I used them with
7th graders. They would be great resources for high school ceramics, too.
Both are linked from my page on Pre-Columbian Art.

I have also updaed my Dance/Theater additional links page - it now includes
Costume links:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/dance.htm

This page is linked from Comprehensive Arts:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/comparts.htm

Here is a great site if you are interested if costume/fashions - site has
lots of art images to show clothing of the times.

La Couturière Parisienne http://www.marquise.de/
All about period costume, from the Middle Ages up to the early 20th century.
Access over 3800 costume pictures through a database, read one of hundreds
of articles. Excellent selection of Medieval and Renaissance costumes.
Ethnic costume included for Germany and Japan.

If there is a page on my site that you want to use with your students and I
have not repaired broken links on it yet- just let me know a day ahead of
time and I will do that page next.

Judy

---