Re: What some artists are doing...(Misleading subject title)

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 17:14:13 PST

Larry,

Didn't you ever learn what happened when you stirred
up ant piles? Pretty daring post...

My biggest problem with political posts is that they
usually come without a solution.

I just read No Child Left Unrecruited and am feeling
quite hostile.

I remember hearing about how much excess military
personnel their was about six or seven years ago - due
to the fact that so many people were signing on to get
money for college. This business just seems to be
adding cycle; Recruit (start early), build up an
excess, have a war to justify the buildup.

It is a toss up for schools with underpriviledged
populations - do we prepare them for the military or
jail? I cringe when I see the JROTC, but admit that I
prefer it to the avenue I see some students following.
 I generally just try to get them to question the
status quo on either end of the spectrum - Dawn