Re: Digital Video Camcorders?

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 13:40:24 PST

Digital camcorders:
I have had a Sony TRV10 camcorder for about 3 years now. Itıs traveled with
me to many places, documenting my travels to Timbuktu, Dogon, and now in
Tunisia.
* If I were to buy a new camcorder now, I would look at the smaller size
miniDV digital camcorders. They have shrunk in both size and cost.
* While not as small as the microDV camcorders, they are cheaper and have
adequate image quality. The small size probably means that I would take it
with me on more occasions ­ itıs more portable and less obtrusive.
* I would want to try out the controls and how it fits in my hand though ­
especially important if you have kids with large hands.
* My ideal camcorder would have a larger screen that is easy to view, even
in bright light. It would also have still photo (to memory card) capability,
hopefully at least 2 megapixel resolution.
* I really liked the easy exposure adjustment, allowing me to fine-tune more
challenging lighting situations. My Sony took GREAT sunset images (both
still and movie).
* It would have firewire capability and must be iMovie compliant.
* I would look for a camcorder which had tape-changing located other than
underneath. It took precious time to unscrew the tripod, get to and open the
tape slot, then finally screw on the tripod again.
* From the reviews that Iıve read, Canon and Sony cameras get good reviews.

Hope that helps!
Melissa

--
                   |          Melissa Enderle         |