Some updates on my site: ceramics and color symbolism

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 12:22:13 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I thought I would post the highlights of some of my recent updates (before
there were to many for me to remember). I hope you don't mind these little
reports as I never know who is looking for what (and I don't know who is
trying to keep their own resources updated of those who bought my CD).

Color symbolism:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/color.htm
(as far as I know there are no witchcraft references. It was real easy to
find witchcraft symbolism on the web - but not so easy to find cultural).
This page is linked from Art Ed:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm

Ceramics sites:
http://www.koreafolkart.com/eindex.asp
Korean Pottery -Find out about the different styles of Korean pottery.
Click on images within the text to see more from that particular period. Be
sure to click on the galleries to see more examples. See representative
artists of Korean pottery. More images of Celadon Jars

http://www.toka.co.kr/english/toka_main.html
Toka Oriental Ceramic Tile Beautiful patterns of
Puncheong Stoneware-- made by Inlaying, Printing, and bakji ways and
expresses Korean humor, realistic acting, and popularity. You do not need to
install the language characters to view this site. Try the simulation to
create your own patterns.

http://www.textilemuseum.ca/cloth_clay/home.html
Cloth and Clay: Communicating Culture This is an excellent site from the
Textile Museum of Canada and Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art. Let the
Objects Speak gives you detailed information about selected works in the
exhibit. Learn who made the piece, why and what they mean. Explore the
region. Learn how the art is made. Resources for teachers - see more from
the collection - high quality images. Interdisciplinary activities. (Thanks
to Christine. This is also linked from my Pre-Columbian page. This site will
also be a "Site of the Week next month on IAD)

http://www.victor.bryant.hemscott.net/
Ceramics History -Tutorial Illustrates the history of ceramics from
pre-historic thru modern times. Presents Greek and Roman, Chinese,
Pre-Columbian and more. A valuable resource. (Thanks to Kerry)

These are all linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/ceramics.htm

Folks, I know you do not have time to explore these sites now....I know you
are all very busy. I just wanted to let you know the resources are available
for you to use with your students.

I have made many other updates (adding sites here and there). If anyone out
there who has my CD wants them all, the easiest thing would be for you to
return the CD and I will burn the whole "new web" for you. I still have a
lot of pages left to do so maybe wait about a month (Sara, if you are
reading, I will get yours to you this week).

Enjoy,

Judy Decker

P.S. Thank you all for ignoring all of my typos in my previous posts....my
office is very cold right now and the old fingers just don't move right. You
are all so kind.

---