Re: cover of new book - literature based art needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 09:47:11 PST

cover of new bookDear Art Educators,

Mary Ann Kohl of Bright Ring Publising needs your help....She is looking for
cover art for her new book: Storybook Art (art based on the styles of
picture book illustrators). I hope this generates a flood of art forwarded
to Mary Ann mailto:maryann@brightring.com and while you at at it - sent it
to me too mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com I still want to develop online resources
on Art with Literature for IAD.

Judy

P.S. I hope this comes thru OK... I am getting an "Character Set Conflict" -
never had that happen before.

Hi Mary Ann,

>>Any suggestions??? I like the St. John's School site...other ideas?

Funny you should say that - That is the school that immediately came to my
mind! I think you could tie her stuffed animals in with Aminah Robinson (too
bad you can't find more Aminah on the web)....and definitely use her Eric
Carle. I am sure others have done art with books. I have asked the lists for
lesson plans relating to literature but have heard very little back yet
(folks are just too busy now). I am hoping to get more response over the
summer.

I hope you don't mind that I am forwarding this to the list....Maybe we can
generate some interest?

Thanks for asking!

Judy Decker