Instructional Web sites added to IAD resources

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 09:23:21 PST

The following sites were posted to Getty ArtsEdNet:

Introduction to Art -- http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/kmarquis
Introduction to Art -- Instructional site by Kerry Marquis (teacher at
Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). Excellent presentation of the
elements and principles of design. Online lesson plans, crossword puzzles,
and work sheets, PowerPoint presentations and more. A great resource for
middle school and high school teachers.

http://pottery.netfirms.com
Ceramics and Pottery --Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis
(teacher at Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). Takes you through the
basic hand-building techniques, has online lessons, glossary and worksheets.
PowerPoint on history of ceramics and more. A great resource for middle
school and high school teachers!

http://www2.fultonschools.org/teacher/marquis
Computer Art --Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis (teacher at
Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). This site give you an outline for a
high school curriculum (also suitable for middle school) with online lessons
for Flash, student work sheets, PowerPoint presentations, Scavenger Hunts
and more. A great resource for teachers in middle school and high school.

http://www.angelfire.com/space/teach
Creating a Class Website --Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis
(teacher at Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). Designed to help
teachers create their own sites. Give guidelines and tips for organizing.
Use to help students design sites, as well.

Photo Design -- http://www.angelfire.com/art/andthings
Photo Design -- Excellent instructional site by Kerry Marquis (teacher at
Benjamin Banekker High School, Georgia). This introductory course to photo
design incorporates a history of photography as well as the creating of a
pinhole camera and a personal photo journal.

I have added links to these from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artgames.html

I know the page on IAD says I am not accepting links.....but I am always
accepting links recommended by art teachers - so keep on posting to the
list (I do check all links posted).

I also have links to three of these sites on my site and will probably link
the others as well.

I hope you find these sites useful. I can tell that Kerry has spent quite a
bit of time on them.

Thanks to Dawn for calling them to my attention.

Judy Decker

---