retreat -- a solution....?

---------

From: Jane Phelan (jane.phelan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 07:10:13 PST

Hi Larry & everyone,
A retreat, refuge, restorative time

Some space dedicated to quiet reflection, or meditation, or yoga, etc. and
perhaps certain times of the day for "noble silence."
Loving silence is one of the most under-used and strengthening resources we
have-- we expend SO much of our energy sharing, coaching, instructing,
coping, dealing with current needs. And inside, we have the capacity to
revitalize by the moment, as it were, by retreating from the effort to
communicate with words.

Re. likelihood of attending a retreat. Often, the issue boils down to time
and money--got one, not the other. That being said, retreats are like a
cool oasis in the desert.

Let us know when the retreat is ready--also, will there be cabins or studios
to rent? When my husband and I are planning getaways, we often look for
solitude as the #1 lure -- a simple equipped cabin for making art and
writing (and anything else to celebrate the quiet!)

thanks, Larry--
Jane

---