Re: Teacher burnout - more last words - and a solution....?

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 06:45:45 PST

In a message dated 3/7/2003 5:23:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
occti@mindspring.com writes:

> 1) Would you attend such a retreat? (I assume CEU's would make a
> difference and I've talked with him about having his univ. provide
> these)
>
> 2) What topics and kinds of activities do you think would be most
> worthwhile?

I would attend this kind of thing.

I don't have any great topics right now, but off the top of my head:

I would say sharing lessons

Working on art for ourselves,

Relaxing in a new enviroment,

Seeing art at a new venue and discussing the impact at school and to our own
work

Finding support and comoradarie with our peers.

Ken Schwab

Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
website: Leigh Art

---