Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Teacher burnout - more last words - and a solution....?

Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 06:45:45 PST

In a message dated 3/7/2003 5:23:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

> 1) Would you attend such a retreat? (I assume CEU's would make a
> difference and I've talked with him about having his univ. provide
> these)
> 2) What topics and kinds of activities do you think would be most
> worthwhile?

I would attend this kind of thing.

I don't have any great topics right now, but off the top of my head:

I would say sharing lessons

Working on art for ourselves,

Relaxing in a new enviroment,

Seeing art at a new venue and discussing the impact at school and to our own

Finding support and comoradarie with our peers.

Ken Schwab

Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
website: Leigh Art