Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Teacher burnout - more last words

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 05:09:57 PST

Re Ken: "Next year I have to drop some of these things and simplify my life."

I was just going to say that "getting involved" is what helps me through
the school year, and now your post seems to say the opposite. Different

I need new challenges to "stay juiced." A couple of years ago it was
National Board Certification, the past year it was applying for a grant and
getting an artist-in-residence, going to the SCAD summer program, or TICA,
the Art Institute's program. Sure, all are extra work, but it is doing this
new stuff -- that keeps my job fresh. I seem to need to have something
"coming up" to avoid getting stale.

If some of you are in a slump, maybe you need to find something with which
to challenge yourself. ...and, of course, maybe some need to simplify.
Whatever it takes to get out of the "same old" rut.