Re: Middle School discipline problems

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 04:25:54 PST

I like this idea - puts it all on them plus it gives them some peer pressure
to be responsible. I had a paint pallet left out the other day with 4
brushes left neatly on top full of paint. I taped them all to the wall and
posted the prices of each, plus shipping. I pointed out that the total cost
came to more than their art fees for the entire year. 5 students came up and
told me exactly who did it. I haven't had any more problems with wasted
supplies. So far that is...... :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Breaking pencils, eh? GIve them a big math problem to do...such as
> figuring how many pencils you ordered, counting the existing pencils,
> figuring out how many pencils you have lost, what the cost per pencil
> is, what the total cost of lost pencils is, etc. Let them look up
> pencils in various art catalogues, tell you where you can get the best
> buy for comparative brands of pencils, who has the most expensive ones,
> and so on.

---