Books for Trade (LONG)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 18:11:48 PST

I had mentioned earlier about starting a "trading post". Since I'm starting
it I get to set the rules! :-)
All trades need to be between the two interested parties - let's not flood
the list with "me toos". Include your e-mail and what you might be
interested in trading for. NO FLAMES! If there are any problems work it out
between you. Be honest about your trades and have fun with it. The way I
look at it - I have gotten all the use I can out of these books and now it's
someone else's turn to get some good out of them.

Now here goes:
Primary Age Books:
* Little Kids Can.... Draw! a Teacher's Friend Publication. This book has
simple how to draw ideas, patterns for tracing (small motor skills), and
finish the picture coloring sheets.
* Creation Station by Gayle Bittinger and Jean Warren. Lots of ideas for
primary students. Worksheets, basic skills
* Draw... Then WRITE an Evan-Moor Publication. This book has step-by-step
drawing lessons along with sentences to incorporate writing in the art
curriculum

Intermediate Level:
* Masterpiece of the Month. A Teacher Created Materials book. Famous
reproductions are used to inspire projects.
* Start Exploring Masterpieces. by Mary Martin. Famous artworks shown
coloring book style, along with biographical information about the artist.
* Holiday Art Projects. An Evan-Moor Publication. 37 festive projects for 29
holidays and observances.
* Let's Discover Crayon. by Jenean Romberg. Lots of great project ideas
using crayons.
* What to do with a Squirt of Glue. by Lori A. Howard. Recipes and
techniques
* Classic to Contemporary by Harriet Kinghorn. A teacher's guide featuring
19 famous artists' biographies and enrichment/research activities.

Middle/High School
* 300 Lessons in Art. by Robert Henkes. Drawing, Painting, 2-D, 3-D,
spur-of-the-moment activities
* Art Lessons for the Middle School. A DBAE Curriculum. by Nancy Walkup
Reynolds. Covers all the elements and principles

Teacher Stuff:
* Year-Round Time Savers. a Teacher Created Materials. Good for new teachers
or soon-to-be teachers
* Year-Round Teacher Tips. A Teacher Created Materials. Good for new
teachers or soon-to-be teachers
* Talking with Artists Vol.2 by Pat Cummings (HB) conversations with several
artists
* How to Take Great Nature & Wildlife Photos by Michael Freeman. This is an
older book (1981) but has great techniques and vocabulary

I have more books at school, I just haven't had time to go through them yet.

What I am interested in: Videos on just about anything for the classroom,
resource books, picture books, artworks (yes, even your own!), stuff I may
not know I even want yet. :-) Lets have fun with this!
E-mail me @ whest177@wheatstate.com
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids