Re: Teacher Burn Out - Michele, Patty, and Melissa

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 16:01:22 PST

Michele,

I have been where you are, especially when I was the director of a
childcare facility, so I empathize with your pain and frustration.

Melissa,

Hopefully, we can all learn from you ...I admire your convictions.
 "You" and your family do come first.

Patty,

That's why a list like this is so important to some of us. Everyone
helps each other to see the light. When we see someone in the same
boat, watching them succeed gives us hope and the courage to
try...whatever.

My husband always says that it is a matter of being able to prioritize
what is most important to you. It's harder for some of us than others.
 Some are much more willing and comfortable doing for others than
ourselves. Some of us are perfectionists which leads us to want to do
everything too well and not leaving the much needed time we could have
spent for ourselves (or with ourselves) committing overkill. Sometimes,
finally making time for ourselves to keep from burning out is the result
of some type of devastaing experience, like the way we would react had
we been involved in a life-threatening car accident or heart attack.
That's when we wake up and realize life is too precious and too short.

So, keep on venting, we will keep on listening and hopefully together,
we will keep growing.

Sandy

---