Re: Glass Beads

---------

From: louise dawkins (ms_wez_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 13:50:40 PST

The cooled or annealed bead on the mandral w/release should be soaked in water, and holding the mandral with a pair of vice grips, gently, turn the bead holding it with a paper towel and it should then slide off the mandral. If the release is not totally dry and you apply the heat of the torch it will crack. If you apply molten glass to the cracked area of the release the glass may stick to the mandral.
 ". ." <artgal50@msn.com> wrote:
I just received my Glass Bead Beginners Set form Dick Blick but I am having some problems releasing the beads from the madrels. If anyone has some pointers I would greatly appreciate the advice. It seems like the bead release begins to crack off the madrel as I am melting the glass rod around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barb in Texas

"In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less"...Lee Iacocca